Santa Monica Stories - Terms and Conditions
- Data Processor: Key Player Publishing in partnership with MDS Ltd. which processes personal data on behalf of the controller, which includes use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal data.
- Data Controller: Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, United Airlines, Flight Centre and ITC is responsible for the collection, and determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- The prize is a certificate for two return United Economy® tickets on United Airlines for travel between London and Los Angeles, excluding taxes. Flight tickets are valid for travel until 31 December 2019 and are subject to availability.
- 2 nights in a Deluxe Ocean View room at Hotel Shangri La
- 2 nights in Deluxe Ocean King rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
- Closing date: 30th May, 2019
Prize terms and conditions
- Entrants must be legal residents of the UK who are 21 years old or over and in possession of a valid passport. Proof of address may be required.
- Once the air tickets are booked, no name or date changes are possible.
- The winner will be chosen at random by an independent party and contacted by 15th June, 2019
- Only one entry per person. No responsibility will be accepted for lost or delayed entries. Incomplete entries and mechanical reproduction of multiple entries are not permitted.
- If confirmation from the winner is not received within 48 hours from when they are awarded the prize, it will be considered forfeited and another winner will be drawn at random.
- The holiday is subject to availability with some close out dates (Bank Holidays and school holidays). Once the trip is booked and confirmed any amends to the booking will be at the winner's cost.
- Hotel Shangri La Santa Monica stay dates from February 15, 2019 to May 31, 2020. Blackout dates of July and August 2019 apply. Any other dates are subject to availability and hotel discretion.
- Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows room is based on availability and subject to blackout dates
- The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The winner will be responsible for ensuring that they have adequate travel insurance.
- The winner must comply with and is responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations or visa requirements (US ESTA visa) required for their destination.
- The winner is responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel to and from London airport
- Spending money, meals, travel taxes, trip kitties, travel insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, inoculations, additional transfers or regional flights and all other ancillary costs (as well as obtaining any of these) not specified in the prize inclusions are the responsibility of the winner.
- The promoter and associated partners will not accept any liability for any loss or damages suffered whilst on this trip.
- The prize must be accepted as offered. There is no cash or other alternative. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of an equivalent or greater value.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-changeable.
- For full terms and conditions please refer to the prize certificate. All taxes and charges incurred in connection with the prize, including, but not limited to, departure and arrival taxes, fees, and carrier-imposed surcharges, including, but not limited to, Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs), are the sole responsibility of the winner. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- United Airlines shall have no liability for notifications not received by any potential prize winner. Winner and plus one must have own valid passport and travel insurance.
- Any person entering the competition or accepting or using any prize grants United a perpetual right to use his/her name, other biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for commercial or publicity purposes, at any time without notice or compensation except where prohibited by law. Employees of United Airlines and its affiliates are not eligible to enter.
- United’s decision is final and no-correspondence will be enter into. All prize claims are subject to verification by the Sponsor. By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
DATA COLLECTION AND PRIVACY
- By accepting and ticking the opt in box, you will automatically be subscribed to future communications by the promoter and individual prize partners (i.e. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, United Airlines, Flight Centre and ITC) however you may unsubscribe from each company's communications at any time.
- Campaign partners processing of your personal information happens in accordance with GDPR (The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679).
- If you choose to opt in, your personal information will be collected in order to keeping you up to date with news from travel industry, our partners marketing communications and services, and providing other information to you which we or our partners think you may find of interest via email newsletters.
- All information you submitted on this website may be used by our partners in the selection process of direct marketing newsletters, and should you object such usage, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry.
- All data entries will be permanently deleted except emails after the campaign has ended and a winner has been selected unless they have ticked the box to receive any marketing information or emails from campaign partners, Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, United Airlines, Flight Centre and ITC. Entrants may however unsubscribe from these emails at any time.